Sunday, November 4, 2012

Finally... a Post!

We are enjoying a beautiful (albeit cold) Sunday in Chicago.  We are so very fortunate that we were not affected by Superstorm Sandy.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the East Coast who are coping with the aftermath and trying to get their lives back to normal.

Last weekend was the Inspired Needle retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana.  There were approximately 55 of us and we had such a good time.  Talking, laughing, shopping and even a little stitching!  I was finally able to meet Vonna and what a dear, SWEET person she is.  Our whole group had a great time getting to know her!  Of course there was stash shopping and here is some of what came home with me along with a new large Vera bag to put all my current projects in.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been working on Winter Wonderland by Blackbird Designs.  1 over 2 on 40ct with overdyed threads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here is Jane Pattison by Shakespeare's Peddler.  I am doing this on 32ct Vintage Navy Bean with the Simply Wool threads.  The wools are so much fun to stitch with and so different from cotton or silk - you really need to try them!!!.  Jane has truly captured my attention.
 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was taking pictures for this post, Howard deciding to steal my chair.  Crazy cat! 
This afternoon is perfect for stitching and watching football.  Go Bears!  I have a pork roast in the crock pot for dinner so I hope to enjoy lots of time for stitching!

As always, thank you so much for visiting with me today.  Your comments always make me smile.

Until next time.....

BrendaS
 

32 comments:

Jackie said...

Your projects look wonderful! I have that same Vera bag in a different print. It can hold a ton of stuff and is great for taking your stitching on the road.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

A rare appearance by Howard, how cool!!! Brenda you have such wonderful taste and such a good eye for color. I love everything from your Vera and stash to your current projects! I'm so happy we get to stitch and stash together.
Linda

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH Jane is looking SO GOOD! I'm gonna buy her yet...you know that right?! LOL! :)
And your BBD Holiday House...stunning, I have that kitted. . . never started, tho...LOL!
Sweet Howard! What a doll baby!

Vickie said...

Both of your stitches are so pretty. Would this comment still make you smile if you knew we are watching the winning Packers right now up her in Wisconsin? ;)

Karin said...

Beautiful stash and stitching!! I am lucky to have seen it all in person:-) Like Linda said, I am happy we get to stitch and stash together:-)

Go Bears!!

Bonnie said...

Howard thinks its his chair and he lets you sit in it now and then! Love the projects you are working on.....so beautiful.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Both Jane and Winter Wonderland look fabulous. Nice stash haul too. Enjoy!

missy said...

Ohh I need that Vera bag. lol Love the stash you bought and Howard is a real handsome fella. I love gingers.

Ranae said...

Finally.... Geeeez, lol
Jane is looking beautiful and that Vera bag is so very pretty, maybe better in person

Jeanne said...

Love your stash haul Brenda...and all these Vera Bradley bags are starting to call to me. I like to make bags but a girl can never have enough I guess! I don't recall knowing you were in the Chicago area even though I've read your blog for some time now. I used to live in the city when I was single and also spent many years in the western suburbs until I moved to AZ. The Bears really kicked booty today!

Mouse said...

ooooo nice stash haul ... in fact you have some I want to get too ... gorgeous stitching, have seen the wools but not used any yet and they really do and to the project don't they :)
glad you had a fab time with your friends too :) take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Viola di Nebbia said...

All your works are amazing *.* I LOVE them!
Hugs *.*

Jennifer M. said...

Sounds like you all had a fun time on your retreat. Love the goodies you brought back. I'm loving that BBD design you are stitching. Very very pretty. Your kitty is purty too. :D

Jen

Lulu said...

I remember going to Shipshewana as a little girl :). Lovely stitching!

Deborah said...

I have seen so many pictures of your retreat and the visits to other stores as well. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Love all the stash and wonderful new Vera bag. Your wip is looking great.

Marianne said...

All your works are beuatifull, that house I love it!
Sounds you have a great time in Indiana.
greetings, Marianne

cucki said...

all your work is so wonderful..
love cucki xxx

Siobhán said...

Ack! I had started writing and it disappeared, so forgive me if it shows up twice. Your cat is adorable! I have a few orange cats waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge--I loved those guys. :) Your stitching is fantastic--LOVE the WIPs! What fabric are you using for the BBD? I have it started on the suggested fabric and the vine color blends in too well & I need to start again. Love the stash enhancement, and that Vera bag is so pretty!

Chris said...

Wonderful new stash fom your retreat.
I love Jane and your BBD piece.
Hugs to you and Howard.

Gabi said...

Jane Pattison is looking fantastic. Never worked with wool threads before. You're making it very tempting though.
Love also your beautiful Winter Wonderland. And of course the new stash. :)

Shirlee said...

Lovely stitching! Howard looks so comfortable : ) That pork roast sounds good!

Joy said...

Great stash and I do love the Vera bag! Love your progress on BBD and SP. I have not tried wools...sounds interesting.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Great progress pics! Love the new stash and your new bag. It's always fun to getaway like that. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

I so love your BBD WIP, Brenda... and what a great new Vera Bradley bag :) Glad you enjoyed the retreat so much...it's always fun to meet fellow stitchers in person!

Nicola said...

I love the fabric on your new bag. I can see why you are taken by Jane, beautiful.

Debbie said...

It is always such great fun to go to a retreat! And I am certain that Howard is not stealing your chair; he is just keeping your place warm for you!

Debbie in Kansas

Catherine said...

Great goodies, lovely stitches and adorable kitty!

Sally said...

Lovely new stash and beautiful progress on both your pieces.

Cute kitty!

Karoline said...

Your wips are looking lovely & you got some great stash

Cute kittie :)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very beautiful pictures I love your stitching, and love the cat,

bisous from FRANCE

StitchCat said...

Excellent stash shopping, love your stitching and Howard is very cute.

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

I just love your WIP's...you are coming right along on those. I love your Stash that you bought. I dearly love your new Vera Bradley Bag too. That is so pretty.