Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blessings and Halloweenies

I hope everyone is enjoying this first weekend in October and the beautiful Fall weather.  The leaves are absolutely gorgeous in my neighborhood this year.  I don't know if it's because of the hot and dry summer but I certainly am enjoying the beautiful colors.

Of course I've been stitching and have a couple of finishes to share with you today.

Here is an old Blackbird Loose Feathers (from 2005).  This was just a joy to work on.   I personalized it with my daughters initials.


Blessings Be Thine
Blackbird Designs
40ct Vanilla Double Dip
1 over 2 with recommended threads
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also finished this cute little Halloween Design and made it into a pincushion filled with crushed walnut shells.  This was such a fun little pattern to work on.


Halloweenies
Plum Street Samplers
36 ct Dabloom by Picture This Plus
1 over 2 with recommended threads
 
 
I am working on a Thanksgiving design and a couple of Christmas designs but I really need to get going on some Christmas ornaments.  It just seems like this year is flying by and before we know it we will be singing Christmas carols!
 
Thanks as always for visiting with me -- I truly appreciate it.
 
Until next time.....
 
BrendaS

22 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely finishes. I particularly like the halloween pillows.

cucki said...

Very sweet finishes xxx

Catherine said...

Blessings is such a beautiful piece! And I love your Halloweenies finish ~ the trim is perfect!

Elaine said...

Blessings is lovely and Halloweenies is such a cute finish!

Barb said...

I absolutely love that BBD! You did a lovely job! I like the idea of adding family initials. The Halloween project is so cute. I like the way you chose to finish it.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Love the trim on your Halloweenies!!! The BBD piece is so beautiful. I love that you personalized it with your daughters inititals.
Linda

Kathy H said...

Great finishes. 2 ofmy girls love the dashounds. They are extra cute.

Wanda said...

I love the BBD! Halloweenies just makes me smile! (Your Christmas Garden is also beautiful. We are also enjoying some spectacular fall colours in southern Ontario. Wanda

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, I just love your finishes! I so need to stitch Halloweenies, and the BBD piece too. Love that chenille you used on Halloweenies!

April said...

Both are pretty! I love the Halloweenies. I have it in my stash to stitch. I am not finding enough time to stitch for the upcoming holidays... Happy Stitching!

Deborah said...

Love both of your finishes! The trim is awesome on the pillow. Look forward to seeing how you finish the BBD piece.

Nicola said...

Autumn truly is a beautiful season, it is frightening how fast this year has gone.

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Brenda!
I love them both.
Have a great week!

Shirlee said...

Ooooo! I really like that BBD piece! I have never seen it before! More eBay stalking for me I see : )

Anne said...

Blessings is really beautiful! I love your finish for the Halloweenies! super cute!

Carol said...

Oh, I love them both, Brenda! So very different, but each beautifully stitched... The chenille trim is perfect for the little wiener dogs--love it!!

Deb said...

Your finishes are both wonderful! It's always fun to come to your blog to see what you have been working on.

Kathy Ellen said...

'Blessings' is just beautiful, and 'Halloweenies' with those cute little 'weiner' pooches is just so sweet, and is perfectly finished too!

Sally said...

I love your BBD finish. The colours are gorgeous.

Halloweenies is such a cute finish!

Carolyn said...

LOVE your BBD finish! I've had that in my stash forever and keep saying I'm going to start it. You've just inspired me. :) Halloweenies is just TOO CUTE! Love the way you finished it. I just love reading your blog! Have a great weekend!

Patrizia Valle said...

Wunderfull works !
Pat

Lynn said...

Great finish on both designs! Blessings was my first BBD finish and is still a favourite!