Sunday, September 2, 2012

Some Finishes to Share

I hope everyone is enjoying this long holiday weekend and finding time to be with friends and family and maybe even finding time to do some stitching! 

I have a few finishes to share with you. I completed 4 of the BBD Casting a Spell designs that fit inside my painted box.  These are lots of fun to stitch and super easy to finish so I hope to fill all the empty spots in the coming weeks (Hpefully before Halloween:))
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally did some punch needle recently and finished this design by Brenda Gervais.  It will make a nice door hanger in my stitching room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping with Brenda Gervais' designs I also finished this little Fall design from her Autumn Splendor chart, however I did the finishing different than the model.  I purchased a wooden pencil box at Hobby Lobby which I stained and painted. I then mounted my stitching on top and used chenille trim to finish it off.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out. What do you think?


Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting with me today.  I always appreciate the comments you take the time to leave -- they make my day:)  Have a great week and I hope you find time to do the things you love!

BrendaS

18 comments:

Gabi said...

Beautiful finishes. Live all of them. And the finishing idea with the box is simply fantastic . I'm so going to search for a box like that too. So in love with it

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely stitching. I think your box finish came out fantastic. Great Job! I also love your idea of doing projects to fill all the little boxes in that tray. Great Idea.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jen

Carol said...

Every time I see your adorable punch needle, I want to learn how to do it, too, Brenda! That sheep is so sweet. And your box filled with Halloween smalls is so cute as is the finished pencil box. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend. My weekend hasn't been the most relaxing so far as I spent yesterday at work and today cleaning. But, I'm forcing myself to relax tomorrow and, hopefully, get some stitching in :)

Ranae said...

The BBD box looks great, I still have to finish stitching a few of my spaces
I love The two finishes, I really wish I could keep up with Brenda's designs, I do pretty good at buying them when they come out, lol
Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend

Laurie in Iowa said...

All your finishes look great!

Barb said...

Your projects look great. I love the way you finished that pencil box!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

So glad to see your post today! May I just say, that the punch needle design is "to die for". Oh my goodness, it is so cute. Love the pencil box idea for the WTN finish. It is so sweet, especiall with those darling little buttons. Your Halloween box is unbelievable. Even better in person. Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend, Brenda!
Linda

Deborah said...

I love the punch needle finish! Very Nice. The box finish looks great.

cucki said...

all your finishes are looking so lovely.
hugs x

Margaret said...

Ok, I'm drooling. They're all wonderful!!! No, seriously!! I'm in love.

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Brenda. I love them all but that little box finish is so sweet.

teresa said...

Brenda ~ I love the pencil box! and now I want to get my unfinished Casting a Spell out! I am always so glad to see your blog posts (-:

Laura said...

I love everything on this entry!!!! Love, love, love!!!! I need to start stitching my Casting a Spell pieces too!!! Love the Autumn Splendor! Can't wait to discuss that more on the 15th!!!! Hope you are having a great day in your stitching room!!!!

Zlata said...

Great autumn finishes!!!

Cathy B said...

Great finishes Brenda. I especially like the punchneedle! Great pieces for the fall...

Joy said...

Oooooo such nice finishes!! I need to take the plunge and punchneedle! The pencil box is cute...great for stashing needlework tools.

Andrea said...

What great finishes, hard to pick a favorite! Love seeing the punchneedle though...have so much in my stash but hardly ever do much of it. Seeing yours in inspirational!

Mindi said...

Adorable finishes! The pencil box is great, and seems like it will be so useful. I'm always having pens and pencils disappear off my desk. I've done punch needle before, and love it, but have a hard time with the finishing. I've taken the easy way out so far and just had them framed. I just can't picture in my mind how to sew the punch needle piece into something and getting a nice tight edge up the the punched part, and then I wonder about how to secure the back so something doesn't snag the front threads and have it all come undone.